1. The glue that holds all relationships together is trust, and trust is based on integrity.
2. Decisiveness is a characteristic of high-performing men and women. Almost any decision is better than no decision at all.
3. Character is the ability to follow through on a resolution long after the emotion with which it was made has passed.
4. Leaders are made, not born. You learn to become a leader by doing what other excellent leaders have done before you. You become proficient in your job or skill, and then you become proficient at understanding the motivations and behaviours of other people.
5. There are no prizes for average performance.